Almond Butter Bars Recipe (No Bake)
Ingredients (Makes 12 bars):
– 1 ½ cups raw or roasted almonds or walnuts
– 1 cup creamy or crunchy almond butter
– 1 tbsp (15 ml) maple syrup
– 1 ¼ cup vegan dark chocolate, very finely chopped
– 7 tbsp (105 ml) light coconut milk
– 1 tbsp (15 g) coconut oil
– Prepare crust by adding nuts, cocoa powder and sea salt to a food processor and blending into a meal. Remove from bowl and set aside.
– Add dates to the food processor and mix until small bits remain or a ball forms. Break up the dates with a spoon so they’re not all in one clump, then add the nut-cocoa mixture back in and blend to combine until a loose dough is formed.
– Transfer the dough to a parchment-lined 8×8-inch baking dish and spread with fingers to evenly distribute. Then top with parchment paper or plastic wrap and use a flat-bottomed object ( such as a drinking glass or measuring cup) to press and pack the crust into a solid, even layer. Remove parchment paper and set aside.
– Add almond butter to a small mixing bowl along with maple syrup and sea salt. Stir to combine.
– Add the almond butter mixture to the crust in spoonfuls, top with parchment paper again and use the same object from earlier to spread and pack the mixture down into flat, uniform layer. Remove parchment paper and set in freezer to chill.
– Add finely chopped dark chocolate to a medium mixing bowl. Add coconut milk and coconut oil to a separate glass mixing bowl or glass measuring cup and microwave until hot but not boiling Pour the coconut milk directly over the chocolate, stir to combine, and cover with a plastic wrap to encourage it to melt.
– Let set for 5 minutes, then whisk to combine. The mixture should be entirely melted and smooth. If not, heat in the microwave in 20-30 second increments until entirely smooth and no chunks remain.
– Remove 8×8-inch pan from the freezer and pour the ganache on top. Spread with a spoon until smooth, then add back to the freezer to set for 5-10 minutes, or until semi-firm to the touch (enough to slice).
– Slice into 12 bars or even smaller. Enjoy immediately.
Tip: Store leftovers covered in the fridge up to 1 week, or in the freezer up to 1 month.