Apple and Gingerbread Pecan Loaf Cake
Apple and Gingerbread Pecan Loaf Cake Recipe
– 150 gram unsalted butter, plus extra to grease
– 150 gram soft dark brown sugar
– 2 large free-range eggs, beaten
– 75g pecans, roughly chopped
– 3 pieces of stem ginger, chopped
– 2 crisp eating apples, such as braeburn, peeled, cored and chopped into chunks (245 gram peeled and cored)
– Mascarpone to serve (optional)
– Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease and line a 2 litre loaf tin. Melt the butter, sugar and syrup in a small saucepan. Once melted, stir through the milk and set aside to cool.
– Sift the flour with the dry spices and baking powder into a bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the cooled sugar mixture. With a wooden spoon, slowly incorporate the flour mixture using a circular motion. Fold through the beaten eggs, pecans, stem ginger and apples.
– Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes away clean. Cool for 5 minutes in the tin, then remove to a wire rack. Serve warm or cold in slices with mascarpone, if you like.
Tip: Wrap the gingerbread well in paper and cling film and keep in an airtight tin for up to 5 days. The flavour will improve over time.
Tags Bread recipes easy-to-follow recipes
Matcha Chocolate Layered Slice Recipe Ingredients (Serves 8 – 12): For Crust: – 4 Medjool …