Apricot Dumplings Recipe
Ingredients (Makes 5)
– 4 medium-sized golden potatoes, boiled and peeled (or another waxy potato, not floury like a russet)
– 1 egg
– 2 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
– 1 cup flour
– 1 pinch of salt
– 5 apricots
– 5 teaspoons sugar
– 1 stick butter
– ½ cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 cup bread crumbs
– 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
– Grate the potatoes.
– Stir the egg, butter, and a pinch of salt in a large bowl. Add the grated potatoes and flour. Knead until the pastry is smooth.
– Put the pastry on a floured surface and knead into a thick sausage. Cut the sausage into five pieces.
– Roll out each piece to about ¼ – ⅓ inch thick.
– Cut the apricots in half and remove the pit. Place one half in the center of each piece of pastry and top it with one tablespoon of sugar.
– Place the other apricot half on top of the first half. Close the pastry around it to get a dumpling.
– Cook the dumplings for 10 minutes in slightly boiling water.
– Melt the rest of the butter in a pan with the sugar and cinnamon. Once the butter is getting darker, add the bread crumbs and stir until the mixture gets a nice golden brown color.
– Loosely coat the dumplings with crumble.
– Garnish with powdered sugar and serve hot.