Apricot Oat Flapjacks Recipe
Ingredients: (Makes 10)
– Sunflower oil, for oiling
– 225 gram porridge oats
– 175 gram low-fat spread
– 85 gram demerara sugar
– 55 gram clear honey
– 140 gram dried apricots, chopped
– 2 tsp sesame seeds
– Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Very lightly oil a 26 x 17-cm shallow baking tin.
– Put the spread, sugar and honey into a small saucepan over a low heat and heat until the ingredients have melted together – do not boil. When the ingredients are warm and well combined, stir in the apricots, sesame seeds and oats.
– Spoon the mixture into the preheated tin and lightly level with the back of spoon. Cook in the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven, cut into 10 bars and leave to cool completely before removing from the baking tin. Store the flapjacks in an airtight tin and consume within 2-3 days.
If you make so much apricot oat flapjacks, you may pop them into a freezer bag and put into the freezer. They can be stored for up to 2-3 months.