Avocado Bacon Chilli Frittata
Frittata is an effective way to get more protein and vitamins from healthy kinds of food. It is usually enjoyed as a quick breakfast or a good dinner side dish. Frittata should be not too dry so adding just a little of unsweetened soymilk or tomato juice helps it have a soft texture and an inspiring flavor. This avocado bacon chilli frittata recipe is inspired by the flavor of Mexico. If you prefer vegetables, you may try another version with avocado salsa. I tried and really loved it.
– 8 streaky bacon rasher, roughly chopped
– 2 large avocados, peeled and sliced
– 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
– Preheat the grill to medium. Heat the oil in a 20-cm/8-inch ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. Add the bacon and fry, stirring, for 4-5 minutes, or until crisp and golden. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper. Remove the pan from the heat.
– Pour the eggs into a bowl, add the cream and season with salt and pepper, then beat. Return the pan to the heat. When it is hot, pour in the egg mixture and cook for 1-2 minutes, without stirring. Sprinkle the bacon and avocado on top and cook for a further 2-3 minutes, or until the frittata is almost set and the underside is golden brown.
– Place the frittata under the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and the egg is set. Scatter with the chilli and squeeze oven the lime juice. Cut into wedges and serve.
– To make crispy bacon, cook it over a medium heat until it has a dark golden color, then remove it from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.