Banana Cake with Caramel Drizzle Recipe
Ingredients: (Serves 8-10)
– 175g unsalted butter, softened
– 175g dark muscovado sugar
– 3 large eggs
– 1tsp vanilla extract
– 250g self-raising flour
– 275g over-ripe bananas, mashed
– 100g pecans, chopped plus around 14 whole pecans toasted for the topping
For the filling:
– 250g full-fat cream cheese
– 40g light brown soft sugar
– 3 tbsp caramel sauce
This recipe uses pecans but you could always use walnuts if preferred.
– Preheat the oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease and line the base of a 20cm cake tin.
– In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, flour and bananas, until well combined. Stir through the pecans and spoon into the tin. Place the tin in the oven and bake for 50 mins, or until springy to the touch. Leave to cool.
– Whisk together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth and thick. Smooth over the cooled cake and drizzle with caramel sauce.
– Decorate the cake with the toasted nuts.