Beetroot Brownie Bites
Brownies are always a tasty choice to end a meal while beetroot is known as a real superfood. Recent studies have showed that beet or beetroot gives healthy benefits like reduce blood pressure, decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease, lower weight, etc…So you should incorporate it into your daily meals and collect more beetroot-related recipes as well. This Beetroot Brownie Bites recipe below is actually an interesting one. If you taste these tasty brownies once, you surely want to ask for more.
Beetroot Brownie Bites Recipe
Makes: 36 bites
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 25 – 30 minutes
– 150 gram plain dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
– 100 gram self-raising flour
– 2 eggs
– 150 gram dark muscovado sugar
– 85 ml sunflower oil (plus extra for greasing)
– 225 gram cooked beetroot, grated
– 3 tsp cocoa powder
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– Preheat the oven to 350˚F/180˚C. Lightly grease a 8-inche/20-cm square baking tin and line with baking paper.
– Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, set over a pan of gently simmering water and heat until just melted. Remove from the heat.
– Place the eggs, vanilla extract and sugar in a bowl and whisk at high speed with an electric whisk for 3-4 minutes, or until pale and frothy. Beat in the oil. Stir in the beetroot, then sift over the flour and cocoa powder and fold in. Add the melted chocolate and stir evenly.
– Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, or until just firm to the touch. Leave to cool in the tin, then turn out and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
– Cut into about 30 bite-sized square and serve.
Tip: You can pack the brownies into an airtight freezer container and freeze for up to 3 months.