– 1 pinch active dry yeast,
– 3 cups all-purpose flour,
– 3 tablespoons Sugar-free Sweetener.
– 2 tablespoons Cornstarch,
– 20 ounce frozen pitted Cherries,
– ⅔ cup Sugar Free Sweetener.
– In a bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Let it stand for 5 minutes. Add sour cream, egg, sweetener, butter, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
– Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic for 8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
– Punch dough down. Reserve 1 cup dough. Divide remaining dough in half. Roll each portion into a 9-in. circle; place in greased 9-in. round baking pans. Combine filling ingredients; spread over dough to within ½ – inch of edge.
– Roll out reserved dough to ¼-inche thickness; cut into ½-inch strips. Make a lattice top over filling. Fill in the cherry sauce. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
– Cover the top with foil. Bake 20 minutes longer or until browned.
– To make cherry sauce, Bring cherries, sweetener and ¾ cup of water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir often. Stir ¼ cup water and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth. Add into the boiling cherry mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook until thickened for 1 minute. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
– Serve cherry coffee cake with low-sugar cherry sauce. Sprinkle sauce over the cake and enjoy.