Chicken Sun-dried Tomato Pasta Recipe
Although I have never been on a diet to lose weight, I mostly have a light dinner. I really don’t like too much fat dishes or heavy meals. In fact, they may trigger many dangerous diseases like high blood pressure, CAD, obesity…Chicken Sun-dried Tomato Pasta is a healthy recipe, which is easy to cook and turn into another variation up to your option. That recipe is also ideal for people watching their weight or fat intake.
Ingredients: (Serves 4-6)
– 115 gram sun-dried tomato (not packed in oil)
– 350 gram skinless, boneless chicken breasts, diced (or sliced)
– 40 gram fresh basil, plus leaves to garnish
– 1 spray vegetable oil spray
– Put the tomatoes in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for about 20 minutes until soft, then drain, discarding the soaking liquid.
– Season the chicken with ½ teaspoon of the salt and the pepper. Coat a large, non-stick frying pan with the vegetable oil spray and heat over a medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes or until it is cooked through and just beginning to color. Set aside.
– Place the rehydrated tomatoes in a food processor along with the garlic and basil and process to a paste. Add the oil and the remaining salt and continue to process until smooth.
– Cook the pasta according to the instruction on the packet. Just before draining, scoop out and reserve about 125 ml of the cooking water. Drain the pasta.
– Toss the hot pasta with the sun-dried tomato pesto, chicken and as much of the pasta cooking water as needed to make a sauce to coat the pasta. Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.
Tip: Sprinkle paprika or chilli sauce, if liked.