Chipotle-lime Prawn Burger: A quick, unfussy and nutritious recipe
Are you sick of meat varieties? Don’t know what to eat now? Try glancing at the following chipotle-lime prawn burger recipe. Prawn, chopped herbs and chipotle are a great combination and they make a fantastic taste. Actually, prawn burger is also very low in saturate fat. It is ready for a healthy diet.
Chipotle-lime prawn burger recipe
– 550 gram cooked, peeled prawn
– 1 celery stick, finely chopped
– 2 spring onions, finely chopped
– 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
– 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
– zest and juice of 1 lime
– 2 tbsp light mayonnaise
– 4 small wholemeal burger buns, toasted
– 1/2 tsp ground chipotle
Step 1: Process 450 gram of the prawns in a food processor. Dice the remaining 100 gram of prawns. In a medium bowl, combine the puréed and diced prawns. Add the celery, spring onions, coriander, garlic, salt, ground chipotle and lime zest and juice. Mix them well.
Step 2: Form the prawn mixture into four burgers. Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the prawn burger and cook for about 3-4 minutes or until browned underneath. Flip the burgers over and cook for a further 3-4 minutes, or until brown and cooked through.
Step 3: Spread the mayonnaise onto the lower halves of the buns, dividing evenly. Place one prawn burger on the lower half of each bun, then top with a lettuce leaf and the top half of the bun. Serve immediately.
– Chipotle is a smoked dried jalapeño chilli. If you can’t get it, use smoked paprika instead.
– Add more lettuce leaves or tomato slices, if desired.