Chocolate Brazil Nut Granola Bars (No-bake and Sugar-free version)
Ingredients: (Makes 9)
– 100 gram flaked almonds
– 125 gram Brazil nuts. roughly chopped
– 70 gram unsalted butter
– 70 gram almond butter
– 50 gram ground almonds
– 30 gram desiccated coconut
– 20 gram plain chocolate with 85% cocoa, cut into small chunks
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 tsp cocoa powder
– 1½ tbsp rice malt syrup
– Sea salt
– Line a 19-cm/7 ½ -inche square cake tin with baking paper. Toast the flaked almonds and Brazil nuts in a dry frying pan over a high heat until they are light brown, then tip them into a large mixing bowl.
– Melt the butters together in a small saucepan over a low heat. Stir in the vanilla and a pinch of salt.
– Add all the remaining ingredients to the toasted nuts, then stir. Add the melted butter mixture and stir again. Tip the mixture into the prepare tin. Using the back of a spoon, spread it out to reach all the corners. Cover and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes, or until set.
– Cut into nine bars and wrap each in baking paper. Store in airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.