Chocolate Cake with Raspberry Sauce
If you are a chocolate-lover, you would love to make some interesting treats. This gluten-free recipe doesn’t use any flour and gives a strong chocolate taste. A chocolate cake with raspberry sauce is a perfect dessert to serve your weekend meals.
Ingredients: (Serves 8-12)
– 1 pound semisweet chocolate, chopped
– ½ pound unsalted butter (2 sticks), cut into chunks
– Some raspberries, for garnish
– Preheat oven to 325° F. Adjust oven rack to lower middle position. Bring kettle of water to a boil.
– Grease and 8 inch springform pan with butter and set aside.
– In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the wire whip attachment, beat eggs at medium speed for about 5 minutes.
– In a large heat-proof bowl set over a sauce pan of almost simmering water, melt chocolate and butter (adding coffee or liqueur, if using) until smooth and very warm, stirring once or twice.
– Using a rubber spatula, fold ⅓ of the egg foam into the chocolate mixture, until only a few streaks of egg are visible; fold in half of remaining foam, then last of remaining foam, until mixture is totally homogenous.
– Transfer batter into the prepared springform pan and smooth surface with a rubber spatula.
– Place the cake pan into a roasting pan, transfer to the oven and pour enough boiling water to come about halfway up of springform pan.
– Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until cake has risen slightly, edges are just beginning to set, an instant thermometer inserted in the center of cake must read 140 degrees.
– Remove cake pan from water bath and set on wire rack; cool to room temperature.
– To make raspberry sauce, combine raspberries and sugar in a small saucepan set over low heat. Cook until berries release their juices and just start to break down, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in cornstarch, and cook until mixture comes to a boil. Let cool. Store in an airtight container and keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
– Cut the cake into triangles, top with fresh raspberries and serve with raspberry sauce.