Chopped Apple Cake Recipe
– 1 ½ cups flour
– ¾ tsp baking soda
– 1 tsp kosher salt
– ½ tsp cinnamon
– ¼ tsp nutmeg
– ¾ cup sugar
– ¾ cup oil (I used canola and walnut)
– 2 eggs
– ½ tsp vanilla
– 2 cups peeled and chopped apples (about 2 medium)
– Cooling time 20 minutes
– Preheat oven to 175°C. Butter a loaf pan and set aside.
– Combine the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and sugar in a medium bowl. Add the oil, eggs and vanilla and stir until combined. Fold in the apples. Scrape batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for about 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
– Let cool 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Let cool until just warm then slice.
Tips: Oven temperatures are for conventional; if using fan-forced (convection), reduce the temperature by 20˚C. | We use Australian tablespoons and cups: 1 teaspoon equals 5 ml; 1 tablespoon equals 20 ml; 1 cup equals 250 ml. | All herbs are fresh (unless specified) and cups are lightly packed. | All vegetables are medium size and peeled, unless specified. | All eggs are 55-60 g, unless specified.