Coconut Lemon Chia Muffins Recipe
Ingredients: (Make 12 muffins)
– 2 tablespoons chia seeds
– Pinch of fine grain sea salt
– ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
– ½ cup of milk of your choice (such as almond milk)
– 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
– Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC) and place a rack in the middle. Line a muffin tin with paper or paper/foil muffin liners.
– In a large bowl combine thoroughly coconut flour, chia seeds, baking soda, salt, and lemon zest.
– In another bowl whisk together eggs, vanilla extract, milk, honey, coconut oil, lemon juice, and apple cider vinegar.
– Pour wet ingredients into dry and mix very well until fully incorporated, the mixture has thickened and there are no clumps of coconut flour left.
– Pour batter into lined muffin tin ¾ way to the top.
– Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes until golden and when pierced with a toothpick comes out clean.
– Carefully remove from muffin tin and let cool on a wire rack.