Coconut Rice Pudding with Pomegranate
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
– 55 gram pudding rice
– 200 ml canned light coconut milk
– 200 ml almond milk
– 25 gram golden caster sugar
– 1 cinnamon stick
– 2 gelatine leaves
– 1 pomegranate, separated into seeds
– grated nutmeg, to sprinkle
– 4 tbsp pomegranate syrup (optional), to serve
– Place the rice, coconut milk, almond milk, sugar and cinnamon in a saucepan over a high heat. Bring almost to the boil, stirring, then reduce the heat and cover. Simmer very gently, stirring occasionally, for 40-45 minutes, or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
– Meanwhile, place the gelatine leaves in a bowl and cover with cold water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes to soften. Drain the leaves, squeezing out any excess moisture, then add to the hot rice mixture and stir lightly until completely dissolved.
– Spoon the rice mixture into four 150-ml metal pudding basins, spreading evenly. Leave to cool, then cover and chill in the fridge until firm.
– Run a small knife around the edge of each basin. Dip the bases briefly into a bowl of hot water, then turn out the rice onto four plates or glasses.
– Scatter the pomegranate seeds over the rice, then sprinkle with grated nutmeg. Drizzle with a little pomegranate syrup if desired. Serve immediately.