Now, diabetes is one of common diseases in the world because of our guzzle. Besides medical care, a healthy diet is an essential method to control this disease. People with diabetes have to follow strict eating plan, so everyone thinks they must have bland food choices. They are likely remains loyal to low-carb meals, low-sugar desserts and say no with fat, sweet, spicy favorite things as well.
If you have diabetes, you always wonder “What I should eat today? How to make it more tasty?” It is not an easy way to enjoy your life, right? In fact, there are many great recipes including main courses, side dishes, cakes… that may help us to make a delicious meal. Those comfort recipes are not only perfect for a diabetic diet, they are also served as nutritious treats for both your family and friends. Collect diabetic-friendly recipes (as much as possible) to replace boring things you still eat every day.
Diabetic breakfast does not limit you to eat tasteless foods. In fact, diabetic patients can still eat pancakes, waffles and other delicious breakfast fares. Below are delicious breakfast recipe that you would never have guessed to be diabetes-friendly.
The diabetes recipe for today is Alfredo with Scallop and Asparagus.
This Alfredo recipe is made healthier because it uses scallops and asparagus. It is a flavorful dish that will keep the sugar levels of a diabetic patient in check but still feel full guilt-free.
Snipped fresh Italian parsley
¼ tsp lemon-pepper seasoning
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, shredded
2 tbsp low-fat cream cheese
1 5 oz evaporated fat-free milk
2 cloves minced garlic
2 tsp butter
1 lb fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
2 oz dried whole wheat penne pasta
8 oz scallops
1) Cook the pasta according to package directions.
2) Add the asparagus for the last 3 minutes of the cooking time. Drain and keep the pasta and asparagus warm.
3) In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Sauté the garlic and scallops and cook for 5 minutes until the scallops are golden brown. Put the scallops on the pasta mixture.
4) In the same skillet, whisk the evaporated milk and heat to medium low.
5) Add the parmesan cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice as well as the lemon-pepper seasoning. Cook until the cheeses have melted.
6) Put the sauce over the pasta mixture and toss to coat everything.
7) Garnish with parsley.