Now, diabetes is one of common diseases in the world because of our guzzle. Besides medical care, a healthy diet is an essential method to control this disease. People with diabetes have to follow strict eating plan, so everyone thinks they must have bland food choices. They are likely remains loyal to low-carb meals, low-sugar desserts and say no with fat, sweet, spicy favorite things as well.
If you have diabetes, you always wonder “What I should eat today? How to make it more tasty?” It is not an easy way to enjoy your life, right? In fact, there are many great recipes including main courses, side dishes, cakes… that may help us to make a delicious meal. Those comfort recipes are not only perfect for a diabetic diet, they are also served as nutritious treats for both your family and friends. Collect diabetic-friendly recipes (as much as possible) to replace boring things you still eat every day.
Diabetic breakfast does not limit you to eat tasteless foods. In fact, diabetic patients can still eat pancakes, waffles and other delicious breakfast fares. Below are delicious breakfast recipe that you would never have guessed to be diabetes-friendly.
The diabetes recipe for today is Apple Spice Cake.
This apple cake recipe has a unique spiced flavor to it. It is made from whole wheat flour that does not elevate the blood sugar level too much.
2/3 cup light whipped dessert
1 large apple, cored and chopped finely
1 tbsp molasses
3 tbsp vegetable oil
¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 6 oz carton plain low fat yogurt
1 egg, beaten
1/8 tsp ground cloves
¼ tsp salt
½ tsp ginger, ground
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup flax seed mea
¾ cup whole wheat flour
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat a baking pan with cooking spray.
2) In a bowl, mix together wheat flour, all purpose flour, flax seed meal, ¾ tsp cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cloves and ginger.
3) In a bowl, combine yogurt, egg, sugar, oil, applesauce and molasses.
4) Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture gradually. Fold in the apple and spread the batter in the prepared pan.
5) Bake for 35 minutes until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6) Serve warm.