Now, diabetes is one of common diseases in the world because of our guzzle. Besides medical care, a healthy diet is an essential method to control this disease. People with diabetes have to follow strict eating plan, so everyone thinks they must have bland food choices. They are likely remains loyal to low-carb meals, low-sugar desserts and say no with fat, sweet, spicy favorite things as well.
If you have diabetes, you always wonder “What I should eat today? How to make it more tasty?” It is not an easy way to enjoy your life, right? In fact, there are many great recipes including main courses, side dishes, cakes… that may help us to make a delicious meal. Those comfort recipes are not only perfect for a diabetic diet, they are also served as nutritious treats for both your family and friends. Collect diabetic-friendly recipes (as much as possible) to replace boring things you still eat every day.
Diabetic breakfast does not limit you to eat tasteless foods. In fact, diabetic patients can still eat pancakes, waffles and other delicious breakfast fares. Below are delicious breakfast recipe that you would never have guessed to be diabetes-friendly.
The diabetes recipe for today is Baked Eggs and Roasted Vegetables.
This is an easy breakfast meal to make. It has the right amounts of protein to keep you satisfied until the next meal and with vegetables to provide necessary vitamins and minerals without packing on too much of carbs.
½ tsp black pepper, crack
2 oz shredded Manchego cheese
2 tbsp olive oil
1 small red onion, cut into wedges
1 large sweet potato, cut into ½ inch pieces
12 oz yellow potatoes cut into ½ inch pieces
3 cups broccoli florets
1) Spray a baking dish with cooking oil.
2) In a bowl, mix together yellow potatoes, sweet potatoes, broccoli, olive oil and onion. Add salt and toss to coat the vegetables.
3) Spread the vegetable mixture in the prepared pan and roast for 10 minutes. Stir the vegetables once in a while until tender. Remove from the oven.
4) Place the vegetables on the baking dish and refrigerate overnight.
5) The next day, add the eggs and cheese and bake the vegetables for 10 minutes in a 375 degrees Fahrenheit preheated oven.
6) Serve warm.