Now, diabetes is one of common diseases in the world because of our guzzle. Besides medical care, a healthy diet is an essential method to control this disease. People with diabetes have to follow strict eating plan, so everyone thinks they must have bland food choices. They are likely remains loyal to low-carb meals, low-sugar desserts and say no with fat, sweet, spicy favorite things as well.
If you have diabetes, you always wonder “What I should eat today? How to make it more tasty?” It is not an easy way to enjoy your life, right? In fact, there are many great recipes including main courses, side dishes, cakes… that may help us to make a delicious meal. Those comfort recipes are not only perfect for a diabetic diet, they are also served as nutritious treats for both your family and friends. Collect diabetic-friendly recipes (as much as possible) to replace boring things you still eat every day.
Diabetic breakfast does not limit you to eat tasteless foods. In fact, diabetic patients can still eat pancakes, waffles and other delicious breakfast fares. Below are delicious breakfast recipe that you would never have guessed to be diabetes-friendly.
The diabetes recipe for today is Chicken with Mozzarella Cheese.
This recipe is great for either lunch or dinner. This recipe can be substituted with turkey and other lean meats.
3 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup parmesan cheese, grated
¼ cup smoked mozzarella cheese
3 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
¼ cup fine dry bread crumbs
½ 10 oz package frozen spinach, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ cup shallots, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
6 skinless and boneless chicken breast
1) Place a chicken breast between 2 pieces of plastic wrap.
2) Pound lightly with a meat mallet until it is 1/8 inch thick.
3) Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Repeat the process for all chicken breasts. Set aside.
4) In a medium skillet, cook the garlic and shallots in 2 tablespoon hot oil until they are tender. Remove from the heat and add nuts, spinach and smoked mozzarella.
5) In another bowl, combine the parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. Add to the nut mixture.
6) Place 2 tablespoon of the filling on one side of the chicken breast. Fold the chicken breast then secure with wooden toothpicks.
7) Brush the chicken breasts with olive oil and coat with bread crumbs. Place the chicken seam side down and bake for 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 minutes.
8) Remove the toothpicks before serving.