Now, diabetes is one of common diseases in the world because of our guzzle. Besides medical care, a healthy diet is an essential method to control this disease. People with diabetes have to follow strict eating plan, so everyone thinks they must have bland food choices. They are likely remains loyal to low-carb meals, low-sugar desserts and say no with fat, sweet, spicy favorite things as well.
If you have diabetes, you always wonder “What I should eat today? How to make it more tasty?” It is not an easy way to enjoy your life, right? In fact, there are many great recipes including main courses, side dishes, cakes… that may help us to make a delicious meal. Those comfort recipes are not only perfect for a diabetic diet, they are also served as nutritious treats for both your family and friends. Collect diabetic-friendly recipes (as much as possible) to replace boring things you still eat every day.
Diabetic breakfast does not limit you to eat tasteless foods. In fact, diabetic patients can still eat pancakes, waffles and other delicious breakfast fares. Below are delicious breakfast recipe that you would never have guessed to be diabetes-friendly.
The diabetes recipe for today is Chocolate Almond Torte.
This torte recipe is a great dessert for diabetic patients. It is made from unsweetened cocoa which has good effects for diabetic patients.
1 to 2 tsp powdered sugar
¼ cup sliced almonds
¼ cup coco sugar
1/8 tsp salt
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
2/3 cup granulated sugar
¾ cup all-purpose flour
Nonstick cooking spray
3 egg whites
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
¾ cup fat-free milk
1) In a saucepan, combine the cocoa powder and milk and heat over medium flame. Mix constantly until the mixture brings to a boil. Remove from the heat. Add the unsweetened chocolate and vinegar. Mix until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
2) In another bowl, beat egg whites and ¼ cup sugar so that it forms stiff peaks. Let it stand at room temperature.
3) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven. Coat a spring form pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
4) In a bowl, mix together flour, 2/3 cup sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Fold in the chocolate mixture until well combined.
5) Add the egg white mixture and mix all ingredients well.
6) Pour the batter over the pan and bake for 25 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
7) Let it cool before serving.