Now, diabetes is one of common diseases in the world because of our guzzle. Besides medical care, a healthy diet is an essential method to control this disease. People with diabetes have to follow strict eating plan, so everyone thinks they must have bland food choices. They are likely remains loyal to low-carb meals, low-sugar desserts and say no with fat, sweet, spicy favorite things as well.
If you have diabetes, you always wonder “What I should eat today? How to make it more tasty?” It is not an easy way to enjoy your life, right? In fact, there are many great recipes including main courses, side dishes, cakes… that may help us to make a delicious meal. Those comfort recipes are not only perfect for a diabetic diet, they are also served as nutritious treats for both your family and friends. Collect diabetic-friendly recipes (as much as possible) to replace boring things you still eat every day.
Diabetic breakfast does not limit you to eat tasteless foods. In fact, diabetic patients can still eat pancakes, waffles and other delicious breakfast fares. Below are delicious breakfast recipe that you would never have guessed to be diabetes-friendly.
The diabetes recipe for today is Coconut and Sweet Potato Shrimp.
This healthy shrimp recipe comes great with naturally sweet honey-papaya dipping sauce. T is great with salad as a side dish.
4 cups salad greens, mixed
¼ cup all-purpose flour
¼ cup flaked coconut
6 tbsp mashed sweet potatoes
Nonstick cooking spray
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp shredded lime peel
3 tbsp honey
½ medium papaya, peeled, seeded and chopped
16 fresh large shrimps, peeled and deveined
1) Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Coat a baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
3) Pat dry the shrimps with paper towel and set aside.
4) In a shallow dish, combine the coconut and sweet potatoes.
5) In another shallow dish, put the flour. Put the beaten egg in a shallow dish.
6) Dip the shrimp in flour and dip in egg. Dip in the sweet potato mixture and place the shrimps on a prepared baking pan.
7) Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
8) Prepare the sauce by combining the papaya, lime juice, peel and cayenne pepper in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
9) To plate the dish, place the shrimps on top of salad greens and serve with dipping sauce.