Now, diabetes is one of common diseases in the world because of our guzzle. Besides medical care, a healthy diet is an essential method to control this disease. People with diabetes have to follow strict eating plan, so everyone thinks they must have bland food choices. They are likely remains loyal to low-carb meals, low-sugar desserts and say no with fat, sweet, spicy favorite things as well.
If you have diabetes, you always wonder “What I should eat today? How to make it more tasty?” It is not an easy way to enjoy your life, right? In fact, there are many great recipes including main courses, side dishes, cakes… that may help us to make a delicious meal. Those comfort recipes are not only perfect for a diabetic diet, they are also served as nutritious treats for both your family and friends. Collect diabetic-friendly recipes (as much as possible) to replace boring things you still eat every day.
Diabetic breakfast does not limit you to eat tasteless foods. In fact, diabetic patients can still eat pancakes, waffles and other delicious breakfast fares. Below are delicious breakfast recipe that you would never have guessed to be diabetes-friendly.
The diabetes recipe for today is Grilled Lemon Herbed Chicken.
This grilled chicken recipe is very refreshing with its lemony taste. It is a perfect dish for a light lunch or dinner.
Lemon wedges (optional)
Fresh sprigs of thyme (optional)
1/8 to ¼ tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp salt
¼ to ½ tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp fresh rosemary
2 tsp snipped fresh thyme
1 tbsp shredded lemon peel
6 cloves minced garlic
¼ cup olive oil
6 skinless and boneless chicken breast half
1) Put the chicken in a re-sealable plastic bag. Set aside.
2) In a small bowl, prepare the marinade by mixing the oil, lemon peel, garlic, snipped thyme, crushed red pepper, rosemary, black pepper and salt. Pour the marinade over the chicken and seal the bag. Turn to coat the chicken. Put the marinated chicken in the fridge and marinate for four hours.
3) Drain the chicken and place the chicken on the grill over medium coals.
4) Grill the chicken for 12 to 15 minutes until the chicken is done.
5) Garnish with thyme and lemon wedges.