Now, diabetes is one of common diseases in the world because of our guzzle. Besides medical care, a healthy diet is an essential method to control this disease. People with diabetes have to follow strict eating plan, so everyone thinks they must have bland food choices. They are likely remains loyal to low-carb meals, low-sugar desserts and say no with fat, sweet, spicy favorite things as well.
If you have diabetes, you always wonder “What I should eat today? How to make it more tasty?” It is not an easy way to enjoy your life, right? In fact, there are many great recipes including main courses, side dishes, cakes… that may help us to make a delicious meal. Those comfort recipes are not only perfect for a diabetic diet, they are also served as nutritious treats for both your family and friends. Collect diabetic-friendly recipes (as much as possible) to replace boring things you still eat every day.
Diabetic breakfast does not limit you to eat tasteless foods. In fact, diabetic patients can still eat pancakes, waffles and other delicious breakfast fares. Below are delicious breakfast recipe that you would never have guessed to be diabetes-friendly.
The diabetes recipe for today is Halibut Veracruz.
This grilled halibut recipe is a great dish for diabetic patients. It is a great source for omega 3 fatty acids from fish and it is also low in calorie and fat content.
½ tsp snipped fresh thyme
1 tsp snipped fresh oregano
1 tsp capers, drained
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup sliced green onions
1 14 oz chopped tomatoes with chili pepper
1/8 tsp black pepper
4 fresh halibut or Mahi Mahi
1) Rinse the fish and pat dry with paper towel before sprinkling with pepper. Set aside.
2) In a small bowl, mix tomatoes with chili peppers, oil, green onions, capers, oregano, garlic and thyme. Set aside.
3) Tear a piece of foil and fold in half to make an 18-inch square. Place the fish fillet in the center of the foil and top with the tomato mixture.
4) Seal the foil and fold the remaining edges to completely sea.
5) Place the foil on a grill over medium coals and grill for 2 minutes until the fish becomes flaky.