Now, diabetes is one of common diseases in the world because of our guzzle. Besides medical care, a healthy diet is an essential method to control this disease. People with diabetes have to follow strict eating plan, so everyone thinks they must have bland food choices. They are likely remains loyal to low-carb meals, low-sugar desserts and say no with fat, sweet, spicy favorite things as well.
If you have diabetes, you always wonder “What I should eat today? How to make it more tasty?” It is not an easy way to enjoy your life, right? In fact, there are many great recipes including main courses, side dishes, cakes… that may help us to make a delicious meal. Those comfort recipes are not only perfect for a diabetic diet, they are also served as nutritious treats for both your family and friends. Collect diabetic-friendly recipes (as much as possible) to replace boring things you still eat every day.
Diabetic breakfast does not limit you to eat tasteless foods. In fact, diabetic patients can still eat pancakes, waffles and other delicious breakfast fares. Below are delicious breakfast recipe that you would never have guessed to be diabetes-friendly.
The diabetes recipe for today is Herbed Turkey Strata.
This is a delicious dish similar to quiche. It is a filling dish that will keep you full the entire day and will also keep your blood sugar level in check.
4 eggs, lightly beaten
1 ¼ cups low fat milk
¼ teaspoon salt
1 tsp fresh rosemary
1 tsp fresh thyme
1 tsp fresh sage
½ cup low fat cottage cheese
2 cups shredded cooked turkey
4 cups multi-grain bread cubes
1 tsp canola oil
1/3 cup red onion, thin wedges
¾ cup red sweet pepper
1 cup asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
1) In a large skillet, cook the sweet pepper, asparagus and onion on oil for about 4 minutes over medium heat. Remove from the pan once crisp and tender.
2) Coat a 2-quart square baking dish with oil and spread half of the bread cubes on the bottom of the dish. Layer next with the asparagus mixture, herbs, salt and cottage cheese. Top with the remaining bread cubes.
3) In a mixing bowl, mix together the milk and eggs. Pour evenly over the dish. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
4) Take out the cover from the dish and bake for 60 minutes in a 325 degrees Fahrenheit oven.
5) Take out from the oven and cool before serving.