Now, diabetes is one of common diseases in the world because of our guzzle. Besides medical care, a healthy diet is an essential method to control this disease. People with diabetes have to follow strict eating plan, so everyone thinks they must have bland food choices. They are likely remains loyal to low-carb meals, low-sugar desserts and say no with fat, sweet, spicy favorite things as well.
If you have diabetes, you always wonder “What I should eat today? How to make it more tasty?” It is not an easy way to enjoy your life, right? In fact, there are many great recipes including main courses, side dishes, cakes… that may help us to make a delicious meal. Those comfort recipes are not only perfect for a diabetic diet, they are also served as nutritious treats for both your family and friends. Collect diabetic-friendly recipes (as much as possible) to replace boring things you still eat every day.
Diabetic breakfast does not limit you to eat tasteless foods. In fact, diabetic patients can still eat pancakes, waffles and other delicious breakfast fares. Below are delicious breakfast recipe that you would never have guessed to be diabetes-friendly.
The diabetes recipe for today is Peanut Butter Mini Cakes.
Peanut butter is a good source of protein and healthy fats for diabetic patients. Eating one serving of this dessert will not elevate the blood sugar levels.
¼ cup fat free milk
½ tsp vanilla
1 organic egg
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup creamy unsweetened peanut butter
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp ground toasted peanuts
½ cup flour
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat the 1 inch muffin cups with cooking spray or line with cupcake liner.
2) In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and ground peanuts. Set aside.
3) In another bowl, mix the peanut butter using an electric mixer for 30 seconds. Add the sugar and beat until combined. Add in the vanilla and egg.
4) Fold the peanut butter mixture gradually to the flour mixture. Beat on low speed until it forms a smooth consistency.
5) Spoon 1 tablespoon of the batter to the muffin cups.
6) Bake for 10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.