Now, diabetes is one of common diseases in the world because of our guzzle. Besides medical care, a healthy diet is an essential method to control this disease. People with diabetes have to follow strict eating plan, so everyone thinks they must have bland food choices. They are likely remains loyal to low-carb meals, low-sugar desserts and say no with fat, sweet, spicy favorite things as well.
If you have diabetes, you always wonder “What I should eat today? How to make it more tasty?” It is not an easy way to enjoy your life, right? In fact, there are many great recipes including main courses, side dishes, cakes… that may help us to make a delicious meal. Those comfort recipes are not only perfect for a diabetic diet, they are also served as nutritious treats for both your family and friends. Collect diabetic-friendly recipes (as much as possible) to replace boring things you still eat every day.
Diabetic breakfast does not limit you to eat tasteless foods. In fact, diabetic patients can still eat pancakes, waffles and other delicious breakfast fares. Below are delicious breakfast recipe that you would never have guessed to be diabetes-friendly.
The diabetes recipe for today is Stuffed Chicken with Feta.
This stuffed chicken recipe is made flavorful with feta cheese minus fat and carbohydrates. This is a great lunch or dinner recipe for patients with diabetes because it does not affect the sugar level in the blood.
Lemon slices, halved
1 tbsp lemon juice
2 tbsp toasted walnut
1 10 oz prewashed spinach, trimmed
¼ cup low sodium chicken broth
1 tsp olive oil
A dash of salt
¼ tsp black pepper
4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts
2 tbsp fat-free cream cheese
¼ cup basil and tomato feta cheese
1) In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and feta cheese. Mix well and set aside.
2) Cut the chicken breasts half to form a pocket.
3) Stuff the chicken pockets with the cheese mixture. Seal the openings with toothpicks.
4) Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
5) In a skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until the chicken is tender. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
6) In the same skillet, bring the chicken broth to a boil and add the spinach. Cook for 3 minutes or until wilted. Remove the spinach from the broth.
7) Using the same broth, add the nuts and lemon juice.
8) Serve the chicken by topping it with spinach, nut sauce and lemon slices.