Now, diabetes is one of common diseases in the world because of our guzzle. Besides medical care, a healthy diet is an essential method to control this disease. People with diabetes have to follow strict eating plan, so everyone thinks they must have bland food choices. They are likely remains loyal to low-carb meals, low-sugar desserts and say no with fat, sweet, spicy favorite things as well.
If you have diabetes, you always wonder “What I should eat today? How to make it more tasty?” It is not an easy way to enjoy your life, right? In fact, there are many great recipes including main courses, side dishes, cakes… that may help us to make a delicious meal. Those comfort recipes are not only perfect for a diabetic diet, they are also served as nutritious treats for both your family and friends. Collect diabetic-friendly recipes (as much as possible) to replace boring things you still eat every day.
Diabetic breakfast does not limit you to eat tasteless foods. In fact, diabetic patients can still eat pancakes, waffles and other delicious breakfast fares. Below are delicious breakfast recipe that you would never have guessed to be diabetes-friendly.
The diabetes recipe for today is Zucchini and Italian Sausages Quiche.
This easy to make quiche recipe is made healthy thanks to zucchini. It is a dish that you can prepare the night before.
1/3 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup fat-free milk
6 eggs lightly beaten
¼ cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
½ cup red sweet pepper, chopped
1 cup shredded zucchini
4 oz cooked turkey Italian sausages
1) Preheat the oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2) Coat 4 8-oz shallow ramekins with cooking spray and set aside.
3) In a skillet, cook the turkey sausage, sweet pepper and zucchini until the turkey is cooked and the pepper and zucchini are tender. Put in a mixing bowl.
4) Add parmesan cheese to the turkey mixture.
5) Divide the mixture to the prepared ramekins. Set aside.
6) In another bowl, mix together milk, egg and black pepper. Divide the egg mixture and spoon evenly on top of the ramekins with the turkey mixture.
7) Bake for 25 minutes until a knife inserted in the middle comes clean.
8) Cook for 10 minutes before serving.