Special Granola Fruit Pots
Dried fruits, crunchy oat cereal and plain yogurt are best ingredients to prepare a light breakfast or a healthy snack. The following special Granola Fruit Pots recipe is really a good choice to supply more fibre, calcium and antioxidants to your body. Plus, added fresh fruits are also a rich source of essential vitamins. Don’t miss it. This simple combo is perfect for starting a new day.
Special Granola Fruit Pots Recipe
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
– 125 gram dried apricots
– 450 ml unsweetened apple juice
– 115 gram crunchy oat cereal
– 1 cinnamon stick, broken
– 300 gram low-fat natural yogurt
– Fresh fruit, to decorate
– To make the fruit compote, place the dried apricot, prunes, peaches, apples and cherries in a saucepan and pour in the apple juice.
– Add the cardamon pods, cloves and cinnamon stick to the pan, brings to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, or until the fruits are plump and tender.
– Leave the mixture to cool completely in the pan, then transfer the mixture to a bowl and leave to chill in the fridge for about 1 hour. Remove and discard the spices from the fruits.
– Spoon the compote into four glasses, layering it alternately with yogurt and oat cereal, finishing with the oat cereal on top.
– Decorate with some fresh fruits and serve immediately.
-You can change up some ingredients each time to have a fresh flavor. Various fruits will help boost your health. Currants, blackberries or sour cherries are also great additions.