Healthy Lemon Chicken Zoodles Recipe
I give you an easy gluten- free and low carb choice: Lemon Chicken Zoodles. It is healthy and delicious, which is even better than what you expect.
– 2 skinless chicken breasts (about 425 gr), cut into 1-inch cubes
– 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
– 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
– 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
– 1 teaspoon fine grain salt
– Ground black pepper to taste
– Grated parmesan cheese (optional)
– Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
– Use a spiralizer to make zucchini spaghetti. If you don’t have a spiralizer, you can use a regular vegetable peeler to vertically peel long, thin strips of the zucchini. This will form more of a wider “noodle” from the zucchini, like fettuccini.
– Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add zucchini noodles and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes, until zucchini noodles are tender but still retain some crunch.
– Let the noodles rest for about 3 minutes so that they can release all of the moisture. Transfer noodles to a colander and drain the excess water from the pan.
– Wipe the pan and heat one tablespoon of olive oil, when sizzling add chicken cubes and cook until browned on all sides, about 8 minutes.
– Add cherry tomatoes and parsley, lower to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until tomatoes start to break down and release some of their juice.
– Meanwhile, in a small bowl combine lemon juice, the remaining tablespoon of olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Add zoodles to the pan alongside the lemon juice mixture.
– Stir until everything is combined and heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes. Serve it immediately.