Heavenly Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Ingredients: (Makes 24)
– 2 cups old-fashioned oats
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
– ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
– 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
– ¾ cup light brown sugar
– 1 large egg, at room temperature
– 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1 cup raisins, dried sour cherries, and dried cranberries
– Preheat oven to 425°F. Spread oats on a rimmed baking sheet and toast until lightly golden, about 6 minutes. Add pecans, toss to combine, and continue toasting until pecans are fragrant and oats are deep golden brown, about 6 minutes more. Let cool sightly.
– Whisk flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a medium bowl, stir in oats and pecans.
– Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in a large bowl, scraping down sides of bowl, until light and fluffy, 3–4 minutes. Add egg, syrup, and vanilla and beat until incorporated, about 1 minute. Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients and raisins and continue to beat, scraping down sides and bottom of bowl, until just combined. Let sit at room temperature at least 1 hour to hydrate oatmeal.
– Preheat oven to 350°F. Using a 2-oz. ice cream scoop, portion cookies and place on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet, spacing 3″ apart. Do not flatten, cookies will spread as they bake.
– Bake cookies until edges are golden brown and firm but centers are soft, about 15–17 minutes. Let sit on baking sheet 10 minutes, then transfer to wire racks. Let cool completely.
Tip: Cookie dough can be made 3 days ahead, cover and chill. Let dough come to room temperature before baking.