Hot Cheesy Garlic Cookies Recipe
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1 tablespoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
– 2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
– ½ teaspoon dried parsley
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare a large baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper.
– In a medium microwave safe bowl, add ½ cup butter. Heat until butter is melted (about 45 seconds). Set aside to slightly cool.
– In a large mixing bowl add the flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic and ½ teaspoon salt. Whisk until well combined.
– Pour the milk into the melted butter and stir well.
– Pour the milk and butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined, making sure to not over mix. Add shredded cheese and fold in until cheese is evenly distributed.
– Grab about ½ cup of dough with your fingers and drop onto baking sheet. (about the size of a small fist) You can fit 8 large cookies onto one baking sheet. If you want smaller ones, prepare another lined baking sheet and make each cookie about ¼ cup.
– Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown.
– Meanwhile, melt remaining ¼ cup of butter in a small mixing bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds or until butter is melted. Add ½ teaspoon salt and all parsley and stir.
– Remove the cookies from the oven, brush with butter parsley mixture.
– You should bake the cookies as soon as you place them on the baking sheet.
– Try replace mild cheddar cheese with sharp cheddar cheese if you love cheese. This would gives the cookies a quite different taste.