Lemon Blueberry Icebox Cake Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 6-8):
– 8 ounces mascarpone (or plain whole-milk Greek yogurt), at room temperature
– 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
– 2 ½ cups chilled heavy cream
– 1 cup lemon curd, divided
– 16 graham crackers, divided
– 1 ½ cups Blueberry–Chia Seed Jam, divided
– ⅓ cup fresh blueberries
– Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving overhang on all sides.
– Using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat mascarpone, powdered sugar, and lemon zest in a large bowl until fluffy, about 4 minutes. Reduce speed to low; gradually add cream. Increase speed to medium as mixture thickens, beat until medium peaks form.
– Transfer two-thirds of mascarpone mixture to another large bowl and fold in ½ cup lemon curd. Cover remaining mascarpone mixture; chill until ready to unmold and cover cake.
– Place a single layer of graham crackers over bottom of prepared pan, breaking as needed to fit. Using a small offset spatula, evenly spread a quarter of lemon cream over graham crackers. Dollop ½ cup jam over top, then gently spread evenly over lemon cream.
– Drizzle ¼ cup lemon curd over. Spoon a third of remaining lemon cream over curd and top with another layer of graham crackers. Repeat layering process with half of remaining lemon cream, ½ cup jam, and remaining lemon curd.
– Finish with a final layer of lemon cream, then graham crackers. Cover with plastic wrap; freeze at least 6 hours. Cover and chill remaining jam until ready to serve cake.
– Uncover cake and invert pan onto a platter. Using the plastic overhang to help you, unmold cake, peel off plastic. Spread top and sides of cake with reserved mascarpone mixture (if mixture looks a little loose, whisk until soft peaks form before using). Chill in freezer for at least 15 minutes.
– Mix blueberries into reserved jam and spoon over cake.
Serve it immediately.