Lemon Blueberry Muffin Tops Recipe
Ingredients: (Makes 7-8 )
– 1 ½ cups flour
– ⅓ cup honey (or more, to taste)
– ¼ cup brown sugar
– 1 tbsp molasses
– 1 tsp salt
– 2 tsp baking powder
– ⅓ cup vegetable oil
– 1 large egg
– Zest of 2 large lemons
– A little over ⅓ cup milk
– 2 cups fresh blueberries
– Preheat oven to 400ºF ( or 180ºC), and lightly grease a muffin tops pan. (If you don’t have a muffin tops pan, just line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop/bake the muffin batter as though you’re baking cookies.)
– In a large bowl, mix all the dry ingredients until well combined.
Slowly stir in the honey, molasses, oil and egg. Batter should be very thick.
– Add milk and lemon zest, and stir well. If ⅓ cup is not enough to thin out the batter, add more slowly. (Batter should be a between pancake batter and cookie dough in consistency/thickness.)
Gently mix in blueberries.
– Scoop a little over ¼ cup batter into each muffin top cup. (Or, your baking sheet…with plenty of space between scoops, 4 inches or more)
– Gently press 3-4 blueberries onto the top of the batter in each muffin cup. The batter should be thick enough that the blueberries won’t sink in.
– Bake for 15 minutes.
– Allow muffin tops to cool slightly in the tin – the tops will sink a little and you’ll get nice blueberry crannies.
– Serve warm, and enjoy with butter, jam, and an array of breakfast drinks!