Lemon Zucchini Muffins Recipe
– 2 large eggs, lightly whisked
– ½ cup maple syrup or raw honey
– 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted) or avocado oil
– 1 large lemon, juice and zest of
– 2 cups shredded zucchini, lightly squeezed
– 2 tsp baking powder, aluminum free
– 2 ⅓ cups whole wheat or spelt flour
– ¼ cup rolled or quick oats
– 1 tbsp honey or maple syrup
– 1 tbsp avocado or coconut oil (melted)
– 3 tbsp coconut flakes, unsulphured & unsweetened
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line muffin tin with liners or use silicone muffin tin.
– In a large mixing bowl, add eggs through salt and whisk well to combine, making sure baking powder and soda have dissolved. Add flour and stir gently to mix. Do not over mix.
– In a small bowl, add Topping ingredients and mix with a spoon.
Using large ice cream scoop, fill 12 openings with batter and spoon mixed Topping on top.
– Bake for 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let muffins cool in the tin for at least 60 minutes before transferring onto a cooling rack to cool off completely.
Storage Instructions: Store in a glass airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 3 – 4 days, in a fridge for up to a week or in a freezer for up to 3 months.