Mandarin Cake with Muesli Recipe
Ingredients: (Serves 6-8)
– 200 g Fruit muesli
– 175 gram sugar
– 75 g butter, softened
– Oil for greasing
– 2 tins of Mandarins, 175 gram apiece, drained weight
– 4 fresh mandarins
– 200 g, full-fat cream cheese
– 200 g low-fat quark
– 300 g Yogurt
– 2 tbsp Lemon juice
– 1 packet cake glaze
– 4 tbsp marmalade
– Knead the muesli with 75 g sugar and the butter.
– Press the mixture onto the base of the greased springform pan. Chill.
– Drain the mandarins, catching the juice.
– Mix the cream cheese smoothly with the quark, yogurt and lemon juice.
– Add sufficient water to the mandarin juice from the tins to make 150 ml.
– Put the juice into a pan with the cake glaze powder and 100 g sugar, mix and bring to the boil.
– Remove from the heat, cool slightly, then fold into the cream cheese mixture.
– Fold the drained mandarins into the mixture and spread smoothly on the cake base. Chill for 3 hours.
– Peel the fresh mandarins, removing all the white skin and pith, slice across and lay on top of the cream.
– Warm the marmalade, strain through a sieve and brush the top of the cake. Sprinkle with a little muesli.