Marshmallow Cranberry Mini Muffins
– 200 gram plain flour
– 85 gram light muscovado sugar
– 100 gram dried cranberries
– 25 gram mini marshmallow
– 100 ml skimmed milk
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– finely grated rind of 1/2 small lemon
– 1 tbsp lemon juice
– 1 egg, beaten
– 3 tbsp sunflower oil
– ½ tsp vanilla extract
– Preheat the oven to 350˚F/180˚C. Place mini muffin cases on two or three baking sheets or in mini muffins tins.
– Sift together the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl. Stir in the cranberries and marshmallow.
– Whisk together lemon rind and juice, egg, milk, oil and vanilla in a bowl then stir into the dry ingredients to make a soft batter.
– Spoon the batter into the mini muffins case and bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until risen, firm and golden. Transfer to a wire rack to cool before serving.
– If you use paper muffin cases, use a double layer of cases. It helps the muffins to keep a better shape.