Matcha Mini Cheesecakes Recipe
Ingredients (Makes 12):
– 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies
– 2 pkg (16 oz) cream cheese, at room temperature
– 2 eggs, at room temperature
– 12 strawberries, with stems on
– 1 cup white chocolate chips
– 4 oz semisweet chocolate chips
– In a bowl mix together the oreo cookie crumbs with the butter. Divide the mixture equally into each cup in the pan and press down. Bake for 7 minutes.
– Add the cream cheese and sugar to the bowl of your mixer and mix until smooth for about 3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time and continue mixing. Add matcha green tea powder and vanilla extract and mix until fully incorporated. Do not over mix.
– Spoon cheesecake batter into each cup and fill to the top. There should be enough batter for all 12 cups.
– Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Refrigerate cheesecake for at least two hours.
– Place the white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt it in the microwave in 30 second intervals. After each 30 seconds stir the chocolate. Mine took about 1 min and 30 seconds to melt. Dip each strawberry in the white chocolate and carefully place over top of each cheesecake.
– In a small sauce pan add the heavy cream, chocolate chips and cook it over a double boiler over boiling water until smooth and warm. You will need to stir occasionally, this won’t take long to make, under 5 minutes. Let cool completely. Drizzle some chocolate ganache over strawberries.