Matcha Pancake with Strawberries Recipe
Ingredients (Make about 8 pancakes)
– 1 cup self raising flour (you can use plain flour with 2 teaspoons of baking powder)
– 2 tablespoons caster sugar
– 2 tablespoons matcha powder
– 250 gram fresh strawberries, washed and patted dry
– 100 gram white chocolate, chopped
– ½ cup cream
– Dark chocolate flakes
– Whisk the flour, sugar, matcha powder and salt together in a bowl or jug. Measure out the milk in another jug and add the egg and whisk well. Make a well in the dry ingredients and gradually whisk in the liquid ingredients until smooth.
– Heat a frying pan on medium heat and add a little oil. Using a ladle pour a scoop of batter and when bubbles appear on the surface, turn it over. Repeat using the remainder of the batter.
– Place a piece of parchment on a plate. Melt the white chocolate in a microwave or double boiler and dip three of the strawberries in the white chocolate and allow the excess to drip away. Place on the prepared plate and chill.
– Remove the calyx of the remaining strawberries and slice into half or thirds (depending on their size). Layer the pancakes with strawberry slices-one strawberry per layer cut into three is usually enough. Place three chocolate dipped strawberries on the top layer. Then take a teaspoon and drizzle a bit of dark chocolate flakes on top of the strawberries (if desired).
– Heat the cream and add it to the remainder of the white chocolate and whisk to combine well. Heat it again slightly if you need to. Serve pancakes with the hot chocolate ganache cream.