This recipe serves 4 people and takes 30 minutes to do it.
- 8 meatballs
- 1 large thin pizza base
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 100 g fresh reduced-fat ricotta, crumbled
- 1 large red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 8 cups mixed salad leaves
- 4 tomatoes, sliced
- 4 tablespoon vinaigrette (made with 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part olive oil)
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, to garnish
First, preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Line a large baking tray or pizza stone with baking paper. Set a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add meatballs to pan and cook. Remove meatballs from pan and cut each in half.
Second, place pizza base on prepared tray (or stone). Spread base with pesto and top evenly with meatball halves, ricotta and capsicum. Transfer tray to oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until crust and ricotta start to brown.
Finally, toss salad leaves and tomato with vinaigrette. Cut pizza into 8 slices, garnish with basil and serve with salad.
- Make Meatball Pesto Pizza gluten free: Using gluten free pizza base and check pesto and vinegar are gluten free.
- Cooking leftover meatballs and use in a salad for lunch tomorrow!
Meatball Pesto Pizza