Mini Blueberry Tarts Recipe
Ingredients: (Makes 24)
– 300 gram blueberries
– 2 tsp cornflour
– 55 gram caster sugar
– 55 gram plain flour, plus extra for dusting
– grated rind of 1 lemon
– 40 gram butter, plus extra for greasing
– 325 gram ready-rolled sweet shortcrust pastry, chilled
– 4 tsp water
– Preheat the oven to 375°F/190°C . Lightly grease two 12-hole mini muffin tins. Put half the blueberries into a small saucepan with the cornflour, half sugar and the water. Cook, uncovered, over a medium heat, stirring constantly, for 2-3 minutes until the juices run and the sauce thickens. Remove from the heat and add the remaining blueberries.
– Put the flour, lemond rind, butter and remaining sugar into a mixing bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces and rub in until it resembles fine breadcrum. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Using 1 fluted cutter, stamp out 24 pastry rounds, 6 cms in diameter. Press into the prepared tins. Spoon the blueberries filling into the cases, then sprinkle with the topping mixture.
– Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the topping is pale golden. Leave to cool in the tins for 5 minute, then loose with a round-bladed knife and transfer to a wire rack. Serve warm or cold.