Oat Matcha Muffins Recipe
Ingredients (Makes 16):
– 1 cup old-fashioned oats
– 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
– ⅔ cups sugar
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– 2 tbsp matcha, sifted (green tea powder)
– ½ tsp salt
– 1 ¼ cup almond milk
– 2 tsp vanilla extract
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 6 oz container of non-fat Greek yogurt
– ⅓ cup coconut oil (in liquid state)
– 1 lb fresh strawberries, diced into ¼ inch pieces
– non-stick spray
– sanding sugar, to decorate (optional)
– Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C and place 8 cupcake liners in each tin, then lightly spray a coating of non-stick spray on them.
– In one mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients. In another mixing bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients. Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry until just mixed through. Gently mix in the diced strawberries. Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to fill the liners until the batter is just shy of the top rim of the liner (pretty much to the top). Sprinkle the tops with sanding sugar for a crunchy muffin crust.
– Bake the muffins at 400 degrees F for the first 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 350°F/180°C for approximately another 12-15 minutes, or until the tops are very lightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean. When the matcha muffins are cool enough to handle, transfer them to a cooling rack. If you serve the muffins immediately they may tend to stick to the liners. Wait until they cool completely and they should easily release.