Oreo Chocolate Cheesecake Parfait Recipe (No-bake)
Ingredients (Serves 6):
For Chocolate Layer
– Prepare 1 box of instant chocolate pudding & milk
– ⅔ cup sugar
– ⅓ cup cocoa
– 3 tablespoons cornstarch
– a pinch of salt
– 2 ¼ cups milk
– 1 tablespoon butter
For Cheesecake Layer
– 1½ cups cold heavy cream (whipping cream)
– ½ cup powdered sugar
– 8 oz cream cheese, softened
– 1 package of Oreo Cookies
– Whipped cream or whipped topping
– Some fresh or frozen cherries for garnish.
– Place cookies into a ziploc bag and slightly crush using a rolling pin. You want them broken up but not completely into crushed.
Remove 2 tablespoons of crumbs and set aside for garnish.
– Use a box of Chocolate Pudding prepared according to directions.
Or: In a saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch and salt and mix well. Add in cold milk, stir until combined. Turn heat onto medium high stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil. Allow to boil for 1 minute while stirring, remove from heat and stir in butter. Cool completely stirring occasionally to avoid a skin forming.
– With an electric mixer, mix heavy cream and powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
– Gently fold in softened cream cheese until mixed.
– In a mason jar, layer the pudding, cookies and cheesecake mixtures.
– Refrigerate 3 hours or overnight before serving.
– Top it with whipped cream or whipped topping and reserved cookie crumbs.
– To make these chocolatey parfaits mess free, put the pudding and cheesecake into separate plastic zipper bags and snip off the corner.
– They are great in mason jars, but you can also be served them in wine glasses.