Peach Cherry Blueberry Shortcake Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 8):
– 1 tube of pre-made buttermilk biscuit dough
– 2 ripe yellow peaches
– 1 cup bing cherries
– 1 cup blueberries
– ¾ cup cane sugar, divided
– ¼ cup water
– 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 1 cup heavy whipping cream
– Preheat oven to 350˚F/175˚C. In an 8” square baking dish lined with parchment paper, arrange the biscuits side-by-side to cover the bottom of the dish, forming a sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
– Slice the peaches, discarding the pits. Destem and pit the cherries.
In a large skillet, combine peaches, cherries, blueberries, ½ cup of the sugar, and water. Heat to a simmer. Cook for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
– In a large bowl, beat 1 cup of heavy cream with a whisk or electric mixer until frothy. Add remaining ¼ cup of sugar. Continue to beat until the whipped cream forms soft peaks.
– Remove the sheet of biscuits from the dish. Slice in half lengthwise, like a bagel.
– Spoon the fruit mixture onto the bottom half of the biscuits, reserving some of the liquid.
– Replace the top half of the biscuits. Carefully separate into individual portions (the syrup will still be quite warm!)
– Spoon whipped cream over the top and drizzle with reserved fruit syrup.