Polenta Tart with Herb Crust
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
– 850 ml boiling water
– 250 gram quick-cook polenta
– 100 gram half-fat mozzarella cheese, diced
– 1 small red onion, sliced
– 1 small yellow pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
– 1 small courgette, thinly sliced
– 2 tomatoes, sliced
– 8 black olives, stoned and halved
– olive oil, for greasing and brushing
– 1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano, plus extra to garnish
– salt and pepper.
– Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C. Grease a large baking sheet. Pour the water into a large pan, add a pinch of salt, and bring to the boil over a high heat. Add the polenta in a steady stream, stirring constantly until smooth.
– Reduce the heat and stir constantly for 4-5 minutes, or until the polenta is thick and smooth. Remove from the heat and stir in the oregano. Season to taste with pepper. Spoon the polenta onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out in a 30-cm/12-inch round, raising the edges slightly.
– Arrange the yellow pepper, onion, courgette and tomatoes over the polenta and add the mozzarella. Top the tart with the olives and brush lightly with olive oil.
– Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until bubbling and golden brown. Garnish with oregano and serve immediately.