Raspberry Mascarpone Ice Cream Recipe
Ingredients: (Serves 8)
– 1 large egg, plus 4 large yolks
– 2 tbsp stevia
– 100 gram mascarpone cheese
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 400 ml double cream
– 80 gram raspberry, halved
– Crack the egg into a large heatproof bowl, add the yolks and stevia, and whisk with an electric hand-held mixer for 30 seconds. Place over a saucepan of gently simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water, and whisk until the mixture is pale and airy. This cooks the eggs and makes a sweet custard, but be careful not to overcook them.
– Pour cold water into a basin and put the custard bowl into it, so the base of the bowl is in the water, to cool. Continue to whisk for 2 minutes, then lift the bowl out of the water and set aside.
– Put the mascarpone and vanilla in another large bowl and whisk briefly until loose. Pour in the cream and whisk again until it forms soft peaks.
– Using a metal spoon, genty fold the custard into the cream mixture, preserving as much air as possible. Stir in the raspberries.
– Pour the mixture into a freezerproof container, cover with a lid and freezer for 4 hours, or until set. Take the ice cream out of the freezer 10 minutes before you serve it to allow it to soften. Scoop it into glasses or small bowls and serve.