Roasted Romanesco Frittata Slices Recipe
– 1 Romanesco cauliflower, about 600 gram, outer leaves removed
– 125 gram mature cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
– 1 large salad onion, some green included, thinly sliced diagonally
– 3 small ripe tomatoes, sliced ( or 10 cherry tomatoes)
– 5 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
– 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
– 4 tbsp coarsely grated parmesan cheese
– Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C. Line a 26 x 22-cm/ 10 ½ x 8 ½ – inch roasting tin with baking paper.
– Slice the cauliflower lengthways into quarters, discarding the tough central stem. Slice into small florets. Spread out in a roasting tin. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of the oil, ¾ teaspoon of the salt and ½ teaspoon of the pepper.
– Cover tightly with foil and roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove the foil, stir and roast for a further 10 minutes, or until golden at the edges. Remove from the oven and leave to cool. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F/180°C.
– Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons of the remaining oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and thyme and fry over a medium heat for about 10 minutes until soft, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
– In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the remaining oil, the onion mixture and the parsley. Whisk in the flour, baking powder, and the remaining salt and pepper. Stir in the Cheddar cheese and cauliflower.
– Pour the mixture into the prepared roasting tin. Scatter the salad onion and tomato over the top, then sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the centre comes out clean.
– Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 15 minutes. Turn out and serve warm or at room temperature