Smothered Chicken Casserole Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 4):
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
– ½ teaspoon garlic salt
– ¼ teaspoon pepper
– 6 oz uncooked angel hair pasta
– 1 can (about 10 ⅔ oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
– 1 ¼ cups half-and-half
– ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
– 2 cups frozen broccoli florets, cut into smaller pieces
– 3 slices precooked bacon, crumbled
– Heat oven to 350°F/180°C. Spray 2 ½ -quart casserole with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken thighs; sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Cook chicken 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
– Cook pasta as directed on package; drain. In large bowl, mix soup, half-and-half and paprika; reserve 3/4 cup sauce. Stir in cooked pasta and frozen broccoli.
– Place pasta mixture in casserole; top with chicken thighs. Spoon reserved sauce over chicken thighs. Top with bacon. Cover and bake 20 minutes; uncover and bake 10 to 15 minutes or until sauce bubbles.
– Remove smothered chicken casserole from the oven. Serve warm.
Tips for you:
– You can try different vegetables, such as cut green beans, corn, or thawed and drained frozen spinach.
– Substitute boneless skinless chicken breasts for the chicken thighs, if desired.