Strawberry Jello Cheesecake Recipe
Ingredients (Serves 8 – 10)
– ¾ cup all-purpose flour
– ¼ teaspoon baking powder
– ¼ cup unsalted butter- melted
– 1/8 cup plain Greek yogurt
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
– 1 cup heavy whipping cream
– 2 tablespoons cold water
For Strawberry Jello Layer
– 1 lb. fresh strawberries, hulled, halved
– 1 (6 oz.) package strawberry jello
– A 9 or 9 ½ x 3 -inch ring from springform pan to assemble the Strawberry Jello Cheesecake
– Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9-inch round cake pan with parchment paper, grease with cooking spray, set aside.
– In a bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt, set aside.
– Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over low heat and set aside to cool.
– Transfer melted butter to a large bowl and using electric mixer on a low speed mix in sugar, then mix in egg, milk, yogurt and vanilla.
– Slowly add dry ingredients into egg mixture and mix on low speed until combined spread the batter into prepared pan and bake 18-20 minutes (until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean). – – Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Transfer cooled cake onto serving plate. And place the ring from 9 or 9 ½ x 3 inch springform pan around the cake.
– Dissolve 1 ½ tsp. gelatin in 2 tbsp cold water and let it set for a few minutes, then microwave or place into a hot water bath to dissolve completely, set aside to cool.
– Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
– Beat heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form, gradually add powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Mix in vanilla and dissolved gelatin, than add cream cheese and mix to combine. Spread onto cooled cake and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
– Prepare Jello with 2 cups boiling water and set aside to cool to room temperature.
– Wash, hull and halve the strawberries, then line around the edges of the cheesecake layer. Line up the next row by stacking slightly on top of the strawberries in the first row, and continue to cover the whole cheesecake layer.
– Pour the room temperature Jell-O over strawberries
– Refrigerate until jello is set than run a thin knife around the cake and release the springform pan ring and serve.