Strawberry Lemonade Bars Recipe
Yields: 24 bars
1 3/4 cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
2/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 Tbsp salt
2 sticks cold butter (cut into small cubes)
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/3 cup sugar
3 Tbsp. flour
1 1/3 cup strawberries
2 Tbsp. lemon zest
2/3 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup milk
1 Tbsp. powdered sugar to top (optional)
– Preheat oven to 350˚F/175˚C.
– Combine flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar, salt, and cold cubed butter in a large bowl. Mash butter into the dry ingredients until it is fully incorporated.
– Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with parchment paper and coat with a non-stick spray. Pour the mixture into the pan and pack it down firmly, allowing for some to come about 1/2 inch up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes, then bake for 20-25 minutes or until it develops a light golden brown color.
– Allow the crust to cool while you prepare the filling. Reduce the oven temperature to 325˚F/160˚C. In another large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar, and flour. In a blender, blend strawberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk until well combined.
– Pour the blended mixture into the egg mixture and stir well. Pour the filling over the partially baked crust and immediately put the pan into the oven.
– Bake at 325˚F/160˚C for 45 minutes, or until it doesn’t jiggle when you shake the pan (times and temperatures may vary). Allow to cool for 30-45 minutes and remove from pan.
– Cut into 24 even squares and sprinkle with powdered sugar.