Avoid turkeys with seasoning or gravy packets included, as these may not be gluten-free.
• 10-12 pound turkey, fresh or thawed if previously frozen
• 4 tablespoons coconut oil
• 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
• ½ teaspoon mixed cracked peppercorns
First, wash and dry turkey; set aside.
Next, thoroughly mix all ingredients then rub turkey with seasoning mixture until entirely covered.
Finally, per weight of your turkey instructions, bake accordingly after fully rubbed.
Note: According to the USDA Food Safety experts, a whole turkey is safe when cooked to a minimum internal temperature of 165 °F as measured with a food thermometer.
Thanksgiving Turkey Recipes 2015